Please login/register to apply for this job.
9 Jan 2017
Full-Time Prosecution Manager
- Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock strengthens the capacity of women, children, youth, and civil society organizations to actively participate in local and national development and to transform their societies. Winrock/Bangladesh is currently recruiting for the position of Prosecution Manager in its Dhaka office to support its five-year Bangladesh Counter Trafficking-in-Persons (B/CTIP) Program. The goal of B/CTIP is to reduce the prevalence of human trafficking in Bangladesh through: strengthened capacity of communities to identify trafficking victims and take action; improved access of trafficking victims to assistance; increased responsiveness of criminal justice actors to trafficking victims; and effective and coordinated partnerships among stakeholders to combat trafficking
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Prosecution Manager leads BC/TIP strategy and capacity building for relevant stakeholders to effectively enforce 2012 Prevention and Suppression of Human Trafficking Act (PSHTA) and other relevant laws to increase prosecution and decrease vulnerability to trafficking in persons (TIP);.
- Liaises with relevant government of Bangladesh agencies, including police monitoring cell, and manages other partnerships in the areas of policy, law enforcement, victim identification, witness protection and others;
- Supports updating, developing and delivering TIP training to the criminal justice system actors (police, prosecutors, immigration, judges, lawyers, etc)
- Supports the advocacy work of the prevention and protection components and coordinates with the prosecution component activities; coordinates prosecution activities with the other components; supports the other components activities related to police – NGO cooperation; supports the involvement of criminal justice actors (such as police officers, prosecutors, lawyers, etc…)
- Advocates for the creation of victims’ referral system within the criminal justice actors involved in combating TIP and enhances their understanding of a need of such system in place;
- Provides guidance and capacity building to sub awardees related to law enforcement and prosecution of TIP and related crimes;
- Other duties as assigned by BC/TIP’s COP.
- Advanced University degree in law or similar
- At least 5 year(s)
- Advanced University degree in law or similar;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience either investigations, a prosecution or as lawyer on criminal and/or civil law, preferably with experience in trafficking and related crimes, gender based violence, human rights;
- Strong experience in teaching or training preferably courses for police, prosecution, magistrates and lawyers ;
- Ability assist with organizational prosecution component management and Leahy vetting;
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple tasks and priorities under pressure, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues;
- Solid experience working with non-governmental and governmental organizations, including law enforcement agencies and justice systems
- Fluency in Bangla and English
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft)
- According to WI Local policy
How to ApplySend your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (resume including two references and one-page cover letter) in English to: email@example.com , indicating 'BCTIP Prosecution Manager' in the subject line. The deadline for submission of the applications is 24th Jan 2017. ONLY qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.Application Deadline : Jan 24, 2017
79 total views, 1 today